Art Show Bidding Rules
QUITE LOVELY RULES
NOW 20% MORE SUBVERSIVE
There are a few things you need to understand before you start bidding:
- You may not cross out or change your own bid – contact a member of staff!
- Bid in the spaces provided on the bidding slip attached to the item that tickles your fancy.
- Bid in one pound increments – we’ll have no cheapskates here.
- Write clearly – if we can’t understand whatever you scrawl on to the sheet, then your bid will be invalidated and the person above you will win the item because your a aliterate monkey. Don’t be that guy.
- Remember to include the letter on your badge, but not just the letter, because that would make you a tit. A big, juicy tit.
- Always bid more than the person who placed a bid before you – because anything else is madness. MADNESS.
- You’re allowed to bid more than once on the same item if that’s your thing.
- Falsifying bids will result in you being reported to Security and barred from the convention and we’ll spit on your shoes.
- If you do not intend to buy, please do not bid.
- Any item that receives enough bids will be eligible for the Live Auction. If you wish to bid further on a ‘closed’ item, you will need to attend the Live Auction.
- Items not in the Live Auction will be deemed as sold to the highest bidder on the bid sheet. Duh.
- Winning bids form a contract between submitter and winning bidder with ConFuzzled acting only as a broker.
- If you do not show up and pay for items you have won, we will hunt you down and make you pay. If another buyer is found, or at the discretion of the seller, your contract to buy the item will be annulled.
- ConFuzzled can’t be held liable for any items sold as future obligations.
- Selected pieces of artwork have a clear “Chairman’s Choice”, “Guests of Honour’s Special Selection”, “Auction Staff’s Pick” or “Rear of the Year” mark – these items will be directly entered in to the Live Auction event and skip the silent auction altogether.
Above all else, bid responsibly!